January 20th, 2022

 Hello world, today is going pretty well for me. Unlike other days, I'm doing my blog post for American Literature in school and I honestly like it better at home. I can really settle down and think better at home. Anyways, In class today we read another poem by Langston Hughes titled "Dream Deferred", it was a great poem about what happens to a dream that is deferred. We also read another poem by Langston Hughes titled "Refugee in America",  this poem more about liberty and that black people are refugee's in America and aren't accepted here. I felt for this poem because I could really understand it. Finally, I learned about the civil liberties and ever since slaves were freed these liberties never really applied to black people. The system isn't very equal to black people. 

Comments

Popular Posts